Seven Networks is looking for engineering interns to their Redwood offices. Ari Backholm (@arssi), whom some of you remember from last years Summer of Startups, solds his previous company to California-based Seven and is now building the next generation of mobile messaging systems.
Smartner, the turn-of-the-century Finnish mobile e-mail solution startup has an exciting story (check out Beg borrow steal – it’s all about the customers) and now one of you gets a chance to be a part of how the story continues. People with interest in mobile platforms & BI, this is for you!
Analytics Engineer – Intern
We are seeking a talented Analytics Engineer to interact with both the software engineering team and business teams to develop operational tools to provide trending reports and operational tools to optimize business decisions using a wide range of technologies primarily from internal data of over 5 billion transactions a month.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop reports using Business Intelligence tools to provide useful and actionable presentation of data for operational needs across the company
- Write & modify data management scripts.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Good programming skills on at least one high level programming language (preferably Java)
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts, SQL and related procedure
- Demonstrated clear and thorough logical and analytical thinking, as well as problem solving skills
- Attention to details and data accuracy
- Strong GPA, good understanding of statistical methods and data analysis
- Must be a great team player and enjoy working in a fast pace environment.· Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able and willing to work under deadline pressure
- At least a senior level or junior with prior experience or internship
Software Engineer – Intern
Seven is a privately held mobile messaging company with over 120 customers worldwide. We are currently looking for interns who are passionate about developing dazzling consumer oriented mobile applications that uses rich internet media and multimedia technologies. As a Software Engineer-Intern, you will play a supporting role in defining and building network-enabled wireless data applications and you will get a chance to work with some of the best technical folks in the mobile industry.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architect, design and develop messaging based mobile applications on various platforms (Brew, Symbian, Android, etc.)
- Rapid prototyping of mobile applications
- Work in conjunction with Product Management on user interface and usability aspects of application design
- Analyze application requirements and generate engineering functional specifications
- Work closely with cross functional engineering teams (Server, QA etc)
- Collaborate with handset OEMs for application integration, porting and verification
Skills & Education Required:
- Undergrad – B.S. Computer Science from a top university
- Zealous about designing & developing web and/or mobile applications (using one or more of the following C/C++/Java/J2ME/Brew, Android, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of application framework and deployment
- Interest in client-server based product model
- Understanding of software life cycle and related tools
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about developing top-notch mobile applications
Interested? Contact Linda with your CV, linda.liukas (a) aaltoes.com for more.